Skip to main content

Touch

I’d never thought someone could ever replicate his touch. The way my heart pounded when he  touched me with his eyes, touched me from within. The kind of unrest- I called love. He invoked an unknown, vivid and restless fire inside of me. I couldn’t sit still when he was around, couldn’t do anything far related to calm. He was like the storm I had never experienced in life.

It’s different now. I don’t feel the same way when I first started out, I was afraid. There was no fire, no storm. I was terrified- what if I don’t feel the same way about him, that way, the way I felt about him. I felt like the sea- calm, composed and really at peace. Like I have reached my horizon after miles of swaying, swimming and searching. Suddenly, my life is about me, and I feel like I want him, not need him. I was lying there, confused, about what I felt. Was the unrest that I felt love? Was the calm inside of me a sign of my incapability to love again? Or was the fire a sign of me burning in order to find me- and the calm, my perception of love?

No. The calm I felt was the acceptance of the real me. The fire made me better- less impatient- and the calm, my strength. My feelings for him.
I thought I knew love. I was wrong. Thousands of emotions, storming me with thoughts. All of this, and I still don’t know love. How my incapability shows my strength, and that, in turn, shows my vulnerability.

It’s funny how I retrospect and realize that the fire- years of it- nothing at all. Just a phenomenon that diminished my will to love, to be happy, only to prepare me to feel.

His intensity made me believe in love- didn’t make me fall in love. However, love or not, his passion had done what intensity couldn’t do for years. Made me feel. What, I don’t know yet, but I feel something when he is around. I think that, is my horizon. But just as the imagery suggests, it’s only the beginning, only for me to see how far my horizon extends, till I fall off the edge of the earth, hopefully, in love.

Comments

  1. Beautiful! The words are so beautiful. The feelings are so pure! And the conclusion is brilliant:)
    Keep going!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wonderfully written! The style is just improving so much and words touch the heart. Keep writing. Good going!

    ReplyDelete
  3. It seems so real..touching, keep it up, very nice

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you aunty! I try to give my best! Really appreciate the support! Really means a lot❤

      Delete
  4. Irrespective of whether his intensity made you believe in love or fall in love , this definitely makes the reader 'feel' the intensity of your feelings. Good going ! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Compact and nice portrayal of the emotions. Using the Calm and Unrested state of sea is novel. This piece has created an unrest within for the author's next piece. Hopefully I will be fortunate to be witness to that before the calm of exhasperation rolls in.��

    ReplyDelete
  6. it was indeed an amazing piece of work😘one can actually "feel"the intensity of your emotions

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Soldier

Somewhere inside of me, lies an imaginary soldier. This fierce, fearless soldier is ready to fight anyone, anything. Why bleed and contaminate the world with the filth of violence, when your inner soldier is ready to bleed thoughts and corrupt your mind. Demons or no demons, this soldier bleeds to make you live. Poker faces, funny laughter. You think there's no demon behind this fellow? Never were you, or will be so wrong! Just how the light makes its place in the darkness, and it is the dark that always prevails, our demons always will be beneath the fake and futile mask of happiness. Futile. Why futile? To be happy isn't futile. When a kid compares his father to Iron Man - that's happiness. However, when the father tries to show himself more to be like Iron Man when he actually feels like Batman? That's not happy. That's futile. That's when happy becomes futile. One can fight to achieve what they want. Provided when it's fighting others. But, when you h...

Frostbitten

There were days I spent thinking about the moments we shared Every memory, a dark side of you How I felt as if I were getting choked As you held me, my love, in those arms We were happy, you were happy My misery, somehow always a source of your amusement As I nodded my head in dismay, disgust And sometimes even pain You looked at me as if it were your gain You looked at me as if I were yours Blissful, for some But little did they know That as the Winter grew A chill went down this spine of mine Was it because I was cold? Even I didn't know Were these cold hands of yours on me A reflection of how frostbitten I could get by your touch Or were they indication That, oh, you loved me so much