Skip to main content

Belong

Everytime I contemplate about a relationship, the biggest concern I have, is a six letter word- belong.
To many, to belong to someone means to be at his disposition, that he owns you. Further, some of them clearly object this thought. The propagators of self esteem, those who defy all odds and stand fast against the idea of being the object of disposal of someone's apparent 'right' over them. The others? The propagators of the ballad of selfless love. The ones that think that their loved ones have all sorts of rights over them. The ones that think love is about being owned. About being the most prized possession to somebody. The passion that reeks of the consuming fire of what they call love, and eyes that lurk amongst the dark of losing yourself in love and it's immeasurable depth.
For the prior, an equation of individuals is what matters, whereas the latter prefer getting lost in the wilderness of love, forgetting all tools, man made, to measure, fathom and to gather the knowledge about anything other than their dear one.
Without being in disagreement with either, I hold a thought process far from theirs.
For me, to belong, means to relate. Without losing your essence, to get lost in someone else, and his habits. For someone else, when asleep, they're just asleep, but when my love is asleep, he is asleep. The sense of relating to every little detail, every intricate embroidery that formulates the enchanting design, I call love.

Comments

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Touch

I’d never thought someone could ever replicate his touch. The way my heart pounded when he  touched me with his eyes, touched me from within. The kind of unrest- I called love. He invoked an unknown, vivid and restless fire inside of me. I couldn’t sit still when he was around, couldn’t do anything far related to calm. He was like the storm I had never experienced in life. It’s different now. I don’t feel the same way when I first started out, I was afraid. There was no fire, no storm. I was terrified- what if I don’t feel the same way about him , that way, the way I felt about him. I felt like the sea- calm, composed and really at peace. Like I have reached my horizon after miles of swaying, swimming and searching. Suddenly, my life is about me, and I feel like I want him , not need him . I was lying there, confused, about what I felt. Was the unrest that I felt love? Was the calm inside of me a sign of my incapability to love again? Or w...

Soldier

Somewhere inside of me, lies an imaginary soldier. This fierce, fearless soldier is ready to fight anyone, anything. Why bleed and contaminate the world with the filth of violence, when your inner soldier is ready to bleed thoughts and corrupt your mind. Demons or no demons, this soldier bleeds to make you live. Poker faces, funny laughter. You think there's no demon behind this fellow? Never were you, or will be so wrong! Just how the light makes its place in the darkness, and it is the dark that always prevails, our demons always will be beneath the fake and futile mask of happiness. Futile. Why futile? To be happy isn't futile. When a kid compares his father to Iron Man - that's happiness. However, when the father tries to show himself more to be like Iron Man when he actually feels like Batman? That's not happy. That's futile. That's when happy becomes futile. One can fight to achieve what they want. Provided when it's fighting others. But, when you h...

Frostbitten

There were days I spent thinking about the moments we shared Every memory, a dark side of you How I felt as if I were getting choked As you held me, my love, in those arms We were happy, you were happy My misery, somehow always a source of your amusement As I nodded my head in dismay, disgust And sometimes even pain You looked at me as if it were your gain You looked at me as if I were yours Blissful, for some But little did they know That as the Winter grew A chill went down this spine of mine Was it because I was cold? Even I didn't know Were these cold hands of yours on me A reflection of how frostbitten I could get by your touch Or were they indication That, oh, you loved me so much