Skip to main content

Wavelength

To all the days that I spent not acting upon my anger, to all the emotions I did not show. I have been wondering if I could ever make up for the time I lost, or ever could get back the pieces of me that once constituted what I called me.

When you listen to what caused me to get angry, you would agree to my stand. I knew that anger was a rational response, but I understood that I wouldn't show it, for the world.
It would be easy for anyone to say that I was being a pushover, but once you feel what I felt, you may beg to differ.

Amidst the monotony of the daily struggle to be a 'better me' for the world, I started to think I found someone I was the 'best' for.

I just couldn't get angry or upset, not because I adored and admired him, but because I knew, that the pieces I saw, may not have been mine, but were identical to them, for we both were broken, possibly in a similar fashion.

Moreover, I let go of it. Of everytime I got angry, or upset, or annoyed, because I saw in his eyes what I didn't see in any other pair. Further, I assumed that this different, was good.

In the symphony of my affection for him, I forgot that he expected a similar look, and looked through my inability to match.
All that I suppressed for him, was taken to be my disinterested nature, probably how I took his longing for me to be love.

Even though I lost myself in the rhythm of the toxic equation, the one thing that consoled me, to say, was that at least it wasn't a cacophony, and that it may have been a misunderstanding, but at least it wasn't a mistake.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Touch

I’d never thought someone could ever replicate his touch. The way my heart pounded when he  touched me with his eyes, touched me from within. The kind of unrest- I called love. He invoked an unknown, vivid and restless fire inside of me. I couldn’t sit still when he was around, couldn’t do anything far related to calm. He was like the storm I had never experienced in life. It’s different now. I don’t feel the same way when I first started out, I was afraid. There was no fire, no storm. I was terrified- what if I don’t feel the same way about him , that way, the way I felt about him. I felt like the sea- calm, composed and really at peace. Like I have reached my horizon after miles of swaying, swimming and searching. Suddenly, my life is about me, and I feel like I want him , not need him . I was lying there, confused, about what I felt. Was the unrest that I felt love? Was the calm inside of me a sign of my incapability to love again? Or w...

Soldier

Somewhere inside of me, lies an imaginary soldier. This fierce, fearless soldier is ready to fight anyone, anything. Why bleed and contaminate the world with the filth of violence, when your inner soldier is ready to bleed thoughts and corrupt your mind. Demons or no demons, this soldier bleeds to make you live. Poker faces, funny laughter. You think there's no demon behind this fellow? Never were you, or will be so wrong! Just how the light makes its place in the darkness, and it is the dark that always prevails, our demons always will be beneath the fake and futile mask of happiness. Futile. Why futile? To be happy isn't futile. When a kid compares his father to Iron Man - that's happiness. However, when the father tries to show himself more to be like Iron Man when he actually feels like Batman? That's not happy. That's futile. That's when happy becomes futile. One can fight to achieve what they want. Provided when it's fighting others. But, when you h...

Frostbitten

There were days I spent thinking about the moments we shared Every memory, a dark side of you How I felt as if I were getting choked As you held me, my love, in those arms We were happy, you were happy My misery, somehow always a source of your amusement As I nodded my head in dismay, disgust And sometimes even pain You looked at me as if it were your gain You looked at me as if I were yours Blissful, for some But little did they know That as the Winter grew A chill went down this spine of mine Was it because I was cold? Even I didn't know Were these cold hands of yours on me A reflection of how frostbitten I could get by your touch Or were they indication That, oh, you loved me so much