Skip to main content

Moored

In the blank of the day, I think about me. When I have nothing else to do, but caress my curls, when I have little to think about.
The dreams I have for myself suddenly seem to have gone bleak. I feel caged.
True were the words of my teacher, the one who taught me how to analyse an individual's handwriting.
She told me about my desires, warned me against them. Every ounce of my body reeks of desire, that I somehow can't give up on. Desire that devours my chance of getting up, fighting for my dream.

I was well advised against going after what my heart inevitably desired. But, like the falcon longing for a taste of flesh, I learnt to dismiss them.
Soon, it was no longer a taste.

I felt empowered, as though I had achieved new heights. Small victories seemed to give me feelings of grandeur, and the achievements of others, just sham.

This make-believe realm was strong and absorbed anything that came to break it down.
Then it hit me.

All my life, I thought I was queen, when I was nothing but a pawn of my mind. A pawn that was used to trick me into believing in my prowess and high stature, when I was sitting on a pile of straw.

And then, I blink, to suddenly realize that it's over.

As over as the spell the noon had cast on me, or was it another one of the tricks that my mind was so good at?

Comments

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Touch

I’d never thought someone could ever replicate his touch. The way my heart pounded when he  touched me with his eyes, touched me from within. The kind of unrest- I called love. He invoked an unknown, vivid and restless fire inside of me. I couldn’t sit still when he was around, couldn’t do anything far related to calm. He was like the storm I had never experienced in life. It’s different now. I don’t feel the same way when I first started out, I was afraid. There was no fire, no storm. I was terrified- what if I don’t feel the same way about him , that way, the way I felt about him. I felt like the sea- calm, composed and really at peace. Like I have reached my horizon after miles of swaying, swimming and searching. Suddenly, my life is about me, and I feel like I want him , not need him . I was lying there, confused, about what I felt. Was the unrest that I felt love? Was the calm inside of me a sign of my incapability to love again? Or w...

Soldier

Somewhere inside of me, lies an imaginary soldier. This fierce, fearless soldier is ready to fight anyone, anything. Why bleed and contaminate the world with the filth of violence, when your inner soldier is ready to bleed thoughts and corrupt your mind. Demons or no demons, this soldier bleeds to make you live. Poker faces, funny laughter. You think there's no demon behind this fellow? Never were you, or will be so wrong! Just how the light makes its place in the darkness, and it is the dark that always prevails, our demons always will be beneath the fake and futile mask of happiness. Futile. Why futile? To be happy isn't futile. When a kid compares his father to Iron Man - that's happiness. However, when the father tries to show himself more to be like Iron Man when he actually feels like Batman? That's not happy. That's futile. That's when happy becomes futile. One can fight to achieve what they want. Provided when it's fighting others. But, when you h...

Frostbitten

There were days I spent thinking about the moments we shared Every memory, a dark side of you How I felt as if I were getting choked As you held me, my love, in those arms We were happy, you were happy My misery, somehow always a source of your amusement As I nodded my head in dismay, disgust And sometimes even pain You looked at me as if it were your gain You looked at me as if I were yours Blissful, for some But little did they know That as the Winter grew A chill went down this spine of mine Was it because I was cold? Even I didn't know Were these cold hands of yours on me A reflection of how frostbitten I could get by your touch Or were they indication That, oh, you loved me so much