Skip to main content

Mirage

To think that consciousness has a physical form is to think that God exists. Unproven, undefined, subjective.

The conscious is what dictates over body's functions, letting the brain know.
However, consciousness is not the same in all species.

Consciousness in an animal tells them what their body requires.

Unlike other animals however, our brain enlightens us about much more than just our hunger and sex drives. It gives us a sense of right and wrong.
Or so we think.

From the beginning of time the kingdom of the wild has been witness to many acts we would consider cruel and unruly. Our conscious tells us about our sense of morality, and somehow gives us the right to consider one thing right and the other wrong.

The other species have no sense of civility, according to us, but we neglect the fact that they have survived for so long without endangering another species, or even the world in it's entirety for that matter.

It makes one question the rule of law, the code that governs us.

One is forced to contemplate the relevance of our beliefs, or even the existence of all that we believe in.

Don't get me wrong, I don't mean one should be unruly and devious, but we are not always right, are we?

It is ridiculous on some levels that we think about producing cinema and writing about vampires that aren't evil because they feed on animals.
Because that contradicts the very essence of it- to not kill; and reflects on a human's need to make everything about himself.

What if the moral compass that we give so much importance to is just another illusion of the mind, designed to just feed our fragile egos?

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Touch

I’d never thought someone could ever replicate his touch. The way my heart pounded when he  touched me with his eyes, touched me from within. The kind of unrest- I called love. He invoked an unknown, vivid and restless fire inside of me. I couldn’t sit still when he was around, couldn’t do anything far related to calm. He was like the storm I had never experienced in life. It’s different now. I don’t feel the same way when I first started out, I was afraid. There was no fire, no storm. I was terrified- what if I don’t feel the same way about him , that way, the way I felt about him. I felt like the sea- calm, composed and really at peace. Like I have reached my horizon after miles of swaying, swimming and searching. Suddenly, my life is about me, and I feel like I want him , not need him . I was lying there, confused, about what I felt. Was the unrest that I felt love? Was the calm inside of me a sign of my incapability to love again? Or w...

Soldier

Somewhere inside of me, lies an imaginary soldier. This fierce, fearless soldier is ready to fight anyone, anything. Why bleed and contaminate the world with the filth of violence, when your inner soldier is ready to bleed thoughts and corrupt your mind. Demons or no demons, this soldier bleeds to make you live. Poker faces, funny laughter. You think there's no demon behind this fellow? Never were you, or will be so wrong! Just how the light makes its place in the darkness, and it is the dark that always prevails, our demons always will be beneath the fake and futile mask of happiness. Futile. Why futile? To be happy isn't futile. When a kid compares his father to Iron Man - that's happiness. However, when the father tries to show himself more to be like Iron Man when he actually feels like Batman? That's not happy. That's futile. That's when happy becomes futile. One can fight to achieve what they want. Provided when it's fighting others. But, when you h...

Frostbitten

There were days I spent thinking about the moments we shared Every memory, a dark side of you How I felt as if I were getting choked As you held me, my love, in those arms We were happy, you were happy My misery, somehow always a source of your amusement As I nodded my head in dismay, disgust And sometimes even pain You looked at me as if it were your gain You looked at me as if I were yours Blissful, for some But little did they know That as the Winter grew A chill went down this spine of mine Was it because I was cold? Even I didn't know Were these cold hands of yours on me A reflection of how frostbitten I could get by your touch Or were they indication That, oh, you loved me so much